Wednesday 3 December 2008

A tale of Christmas past.


This is another card sample using the Split Negative technique. The stamp is "Four Little Birds"by Stamps Happen.

We started a tradition in our household three or four years ago where my husband makes the Christmas cards. Although he is very artistic we decided that in view of the number of Christmas cards we needed he would use rubber stamped images and each year we buy a new rubber stamp just for that purpose. Last year we bought the "Four Little Birds" stamp.

So I left hubby with the stamp, some white card, watercolour pencils and the trusty Staz-on to return a few hours later, thinking he would have completed quite a few of the robin images. I found to my surprise that the robins had changed to Birds of Paradise and taken on every colour the box of watercolour pencils could provide. Needless to say this year I am making the Christmas cards.

No comments: